Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63649 - 27/01/2002 13:49 Easier Way to change Equali{s|z}er presets
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

I changed between three or four EQ presets a lot recently, mainly when also switching the type of things I listened to: Rock (with bass boosted), speech (audio books), meditational type of music (flat EQ), vocals (mids raised).
I really hated changing the current preset. I wished there where an easier way to do this than down,left,left,left,left,down,(any number of left/right),down. I have some ideas how this could be achieved.
1. Add a virtual IR code to advance through the list of presets (so I could tackle
-- my "problem" using HiJack)
2. Add an additional entry to the sound options that are accessible through the
-- knob press (so it would be press,press,press,turn,press of the knob)
3. Add virtual IR codes to directly access certain EQ presets, also see here for my
-- suggestion to add virtual IR codes for all functions that are available through the menu.
Well, I will probably keep bringing that suggestion up until someone from empeg is telling me wether this will get integrated at some point in the future or not.

cu,
sven

PS: I absolutely hate that HTML is disabled, UBBCode does not support lists (ordered or not) or tables. No way to create a readable layout for long lists.

#63650 - 27/01/2002 13:57 Re: Easier Way to change Equali{s|z}er presets [Re: smu]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
In version 2.0b7, you can select a given EQ preset in two keystrokes with the Rio Remote:

1) Press and hold the "Sound/Equalizer" button.
2) Press the number corresponding to that preset.

Works for me.

It's still not a "per-song" or "per-album" equalizer preset, but it's convenient.

#63651 - 27/01/2002 14:45 Re: Easier Way to change Equali{s|z}er presets [Re: smu]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
    UBBCode does not support lists
Actually, it does. It's [ list ] with [ * ] as the <LI>. You can also do [ list=1 ] and [ list=a ] for numerically and alpha ordered lists. Can't do nested lists, though. I know this because I'm now using [ list ] with no items instead of <BLOCKQUOTE>.

#63652 - 27/01/2002 15:59 Re: Easier Way to change Equali{s|z}er presets [Re: smu]
ClownBurner

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
Actually I just finished using IR-trans to accomplish this for my car. I have a Convertable, so I needed to switch from Top-Down (open) to top-up EQ settings. Here's the config.ini code I used. WIth a little modification I'm sure you could work something cool out for your application. HTH. I used the Tuner button on the Rio remote & since I don't have a tuner, it seemed like a good button to give up.

[ir_translate]
; select OPEN eq (#2)
20df07.S=20DF0F.L,20DF01,20DF0C.S
; select CLOSED eq (#3)
20df07=20DF0F.L,20DF02,20DF0C.S
[hijack]
button_pacing=10

#63653 - 22/02/2002 04:38 Re: Easier Way to change Equali{s|z}er presets [Re: tfabris]
meast
stranger

I agree, though... It would be really nice to be able to put the names of your EQ presets into a Hijack popup menu.

Mark? Is this possible?